2020 – 2021 Social Hour for the
PPE Beginning of the Year Workshop!
When: August 15, 2020, 4:30 PM Where: Houseparty
Getting Started with Houseparty (instructions by Jordan Lifer)
- Go to houseparty.com. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see the devices which support Houseparty. Click which one you’d like to use, and you should be directed to the page to begin downloading. (Please note that a phone or tablet is recommended for best experience, but desktop/laptop computers can also work.)
- Once downloaded, open the app. Follow the instructions to create an account.
- Once your account has been created, please visit this page to document your username. This is how our workshop participants will find each other on the app.
- After you’ve done this, you should “add friends” from our department so you can chat together! Use the search function to search usernames (from the document provided in step 3) and then click “add.”
- When one of your friends is “in the house” with you, you can simply click the “join” icon next to their name to begin video-chatting.
- If you open the app and a group of your friends are already in a “room” chatting, it will list all of their names, and there will be a “join” button for you to hop in and connect.
- To leave a room and go back to the main menu, use the X button in the bottom right of the screen.
- For more help and tips, see the FAQ page of the Houseparty website.
Tips for our Event
- In Houseparty, one single group can only accommodate up to 8 people. So, for our purposes, there will be several “rooms” within the app comprised of all of our folks. Throughout the time, please feel free to enter and leave different rooms at any point, just as you would mingle at an in-person event!
- Due to the nature of the app, there is no programming or structure for this event. We’ll be joining just to catch up with one another after the summer, meet new faces, and get excited for another year together! Have fun with this!